Friday, March 4, 2011

For I am God, there is No Other

So I started something new last month. I swallowed my pride and insecurities and did something new, to get out of the bubble that is my life!

I started going to BSF. Bible Study Fellowship. Every Monday about 400 women meet in a church in Boerne, to study together for BSF. They complete questions on a passage the week before, split into small discussion groups to discuss what they have learned, and then hear a teacher speak on the passage.

I hate meeting new people, I especially hate doing new things by myself.

And yet I couldn't understand why I had this nagging feeling that I really needed to go, and be committed.

This year, they are studying Isaiah. Working their way through this incredible book a chapter or two at a time. I have never studied Isaiah before, never really read the book properly (should I really admit that as a youth worker???). It's always been a book that greatly intrigued and interested me, but always intimidated me enough that I stayed away.

Over the past couple of weeks that I have gone, I know why I went.

God had a message to remind me of.

Isaiah is pretty repetitive, at least the chapters they have been studying over the last few times I have been.

But I think I can sum up what I have been learning in a couple of verses.

"for I am God, and there is no other;
I am God, and there is none like me,
declaring the end from the beginning
and from ancient times things not yet done,
saying, 'My counsel shall stand,
and I will accomplish all my purpose,'
calling a bird of prey from the east,
the man of my counsel from a far country.
I have spoken, and I will bring it to pass;
I have purposed, and I will do it."
Isaiah 46 v 9-11

He is God, there is no other. He has spoken, and He will do it. He has a purpose, and He will see it come to pass.
I follow the only person that will always do what they say they will do.
When God tells me that in every situation He is working for my good, He means it. When He tells me He has a plan and a purpose for my life, He means it.
When He tells me He will be faithful to me, He means it.

Green card, or no green card. He will do what He says He will do.

I needn't worry about what comes next. If it is God's purpose, no lawyer/immigration official/paperwork will stop it.

For He is God, there is no other!

No comments: