Saturday, June 4, 2011

Learning the faith is in the waiting . . . . . .

In the quiet moments of the day, when I'm alone, I struggle, I worry, I doubt.

It's been a long journey to get here, and now all I can do is wait and pray.

3 failed attempts to file our green card, and God brought across our path lawyers that are hard working, giving and generous. They worked tirelessly to file our application, for no cost, and in May we received notification that we finally had it filed successfully.

In 5 months we should be heading home for my brother's wedding.

When I look at our situation, I know that humanly it is out of control, and not likely. We shouldn't get travel documents for 8 months.

I know that I serve a God that is bigger than waiting times, more in control than immigration, and more faithful than any person. I know that.

However, in those quiet moments, I doubt. I struggle to see how we are going to make it home in time. I lose faith, because I can't see it.

But what is faith - "faith is being sure of what you hope for and certain of what you cannot see"

Daily, I have to remind myself that God is for us, and works everything for our good. That my God is the only one capable of ensuring a favourable outcome, in his perfect timing. Just in time.

But I don't see it, I don't have my happy outcome, I don't have my plane ticket and travel documents.

All that's left is faith in the waiting

No comments: